Friday, September 7, 2018

How many cars are there in the world?

There are 1.02 billion cars in the world. This number is expected to double by 2040. Still, having a car is a luxury that most people in the world cannot afford. I have a driving license, but I am not the type of person who likes to drive. I can’t wait for the time when self-driving cars become a common sight on the roads. Then I’ll be able to afford one.

My father kept asking me whether I needed a car, but I preferred to ask him for that money to start a business. I’ve been looking at the various costs of having a car and whether it is worth saving for something that will depreciate so much and be worth next to nothing in ten years. There is the cost of acquisition and then maintenance, insurance and the gasoline. According to Consumer Expenditures in 2016, released in August of 2017 by the U.S. Department of Labor's U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average vehicle costs $8,003 per year to own and operate.

Personally, I feel that I could spend some money on a nice car, just one car for the whole household. So if I had a wife and two kids, we would all have one car for the four of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment