Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Why are strangers so attractive

I occasionally divert from my love of economics and today I am going to talk about something from a sociological or psychological angle.
To the best of knowledge, currently, I’m not attracted to anyone I know. Okay, now that I think about it I may be attracted to one or two. When I’m talking about people I know, I’m talking about the people on social media especially Facebook and LinkedIn. I think it’s fair to say that it’s pretty easy to strike up a conversation even with the ones on other sites like Twitter as long as they are following me.
But what is it about a stranger that makes me fall in love with them. Is it that the brain falls in love or should I say becomes infatuated with somebody or something that it knows it can never have. Often, I forgot about the stuff that I have and I am in a hurry to think about all the things that I don’t have. It has been said that love is pain. Love is misery, also. In the 1999 movie Notting Hill, Hugh Grant’s character William Thacker remarks that falling in love with someone and then getting them to love you back is so miniscule.
One thing that presses me when trying to date a girl I know is that I may lose her friend and this is a rather hard situation to be in.

When it comes to attracting strangers, there are some tips out on the web. Being yourself, smiling and making people laugh are some of the things that Medium states are necessary for attracting someone in 5 seconds or less. There are more or less tips in a similar vein from Inc. They do say that you don’t necessarily get hurt if you are truly in love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment